Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fewer calories? No, just a smaller size.

Seeing as it's the last day of the month, it is no surprise to anyone that I am totally broke as a joke. Earlier in the month I decided that it was important... no, necessary to purchase many items at Costco, including bottles of shampoo and conditioner that are so large that they should last me until I'm 80. My logic was that if I spend a lot of money but get a large quantity, I'll be saving money because I won't have to make the purchase again for a few months. That theory is all well and good until you run out of money! So now I have no money, but my hair looks great!!

Here's a picture of me and my shampoo bottle...





So because I'm broke, my diet has consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Lipton Cup-O-Soup. Today I decided to splurge and buy a bag of potato chips to accompany my sandwich and to help ward off starvation. Being a semi-health conscious girl, I opted for the bag of chips that advertised 40% less fat that a normal bag of chips, but with all the flavor of the full fat version. When I sat down to enjoy my crispy snacks, I realized why said potato chips have less fat: they just put fewer chips in the bag. I was literally amazed at how many chips WEREN'T in my bag!

And finally, yesterday was the annual Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day! Because of the whole semi-health conscious thing, coupled with the fact that a scoop of ice cream at that place is $4, this is the one time of the year when I eat there. We took an office trip down the street to the parlor and waited in line for about 30 minutes for our free icy deliciousness. Unforch, right when we got up to the counter, they ran out of cones! So we had to settle for a cup, but it was still very yummy! Kat and I both got the cake batter flavor of ice cream, and we both quickly realized that "cake batter" is another name for "vanilla and chocolate swirl". But it was free so who am I to complain? I'd like to leave you with the image of Powla and Katie from Free Cone Day 2008.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOL at the big ass shampoo bottle...