Monday, April 14, 2008

Why would you leave TV on for cat?

It's always difficult to get out of bed on a Monday morning, but today was unusually difficult. I slept with my window open, so at 4:17am I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. It was mildly relaxing, so I fell back asleep. Then at 6:00am I woke up to the sound of gunshots. Yes, gunshots. I listened for a minute while I decided whether or not I should call the cops (I mean, I live in Clarendon. People look at you funny if you are talking too loud on your cellphone, so gunshots are beyond rare.) and then I heard the shots again, then again. I finally figured out that the Old Guard boys across the street at Fort Myer were doing some kind of practice, maybe for a presentation for the Pope?? At any rate, I have a mind to go over there are complain about the 21-gun salute they chose to perform at 6am. Yes, Tracy, if I go over to complain, you can definitely come with me.


After I fell back asleep after the gunshot incident, I had one of my "I'm really good friends with a celebrity" dreams. I never dream that I'm dating or married to a celebrity, I just dream that I'm really, really good friends with them. In past dreams, I've done everything from trying to talk Courtney Cox out of getting a divorce, to playing footsie with Nick Lachey at a bed & breakfast we purchased together. In every dream, I remember thinking "Celebrities are just people. How come I'm not friends with more of them?"

So last night's dream was the MOTHER of all "I'm really good friends with a celebrity" dreams. In this dream, I was BFF with Mr. David Beckham!! He came to my office to pick me up and we just walked around the city together (although the city wasn't DC, it was Las Vegas). Occasionally people would come up to him and be like, "Oh my GOD! Can I get a picture with you??" and I would just stand off to the side, letting people take away from my time with David because, after all, we were best friends... I could hang out with him anytime.


Then we got into his Maserati and we were looking at houses that were for sale. He showed me a picture of one of the homes he wanted to buy and it looked like a castle. He said "Wouldn't it be amazing to live in a castle?" and for some reason my answer was, "You live in a place called Beckingham Palace! What more do you want?" and then I told him that "Beckingham Palace" was a "queer" name for a residence and we both got a good laugh about that. Then we exited the car and started to play "kick the can" with some kids on the street, then I had to go back to work because Brent was going to be upset that I was gone for so long! I didn't want to wake up! I just wanted to fall back asleep and continue my dream.

This weekend I met the cats I'm taking care of next weekend for my petsitting job. They were really sweet, and I can't wait to get started. This isn't a picture of the cat, but boy this is a cute picture, isn't it?



2 comments:

LOU said...

OMG. Love your dream! Why can't I have more like this! Beckingham Palace! Love love love.

Miss Penny Lane said...

i am scared by whatever is in that bowl behind the cat, but i am more scared of the love we share for becks.

i used to live in courthouse and my bedroom window faced route 50. i could hear the 21 gun salutes as well as their horses neighing all the time. ugh!