Thursday, April 10, 2008

Woof! Woof!

I know, I know… I’m an awful blog-keeper. But with a life as exciting as mine, it’s hard to choose what to write about!!

Well, I guess the most exciting thing to write about is the fact that I got a second job! I’m working for a company called Fetch! PetCare, and I will be a dogwalker/petsitter. I am really excited about it because I love aminimals so much and since I can’t have any pets in my apartment (though my landlord made an exception for the roaches that infested my dirty neighbor’s apartment!) I thought this was a good way to interact with dogs and cats, plus I’ll get paid for it! It’s a national company and my boss is soooo sweet – I met her this weekend and we talked for a really long time, so I was really glad she offered my a position. I might even get to go on my first assignment next weekend! YAY!
And this job came along at the perfect time, because I was actually considering getting a robotic dog to keep me company. Before you say what a loser I am, just know that I’ve always lived with dogs or cats, and now that Adam’s doggie is gone I don’t even get to interact with dogs in the office anymore. But luckily for me, I won’t have to get a robotic dog and people won’t think I’m crazy.


I also had dinner with my dear friend Dave last night at a very swanky, upscale Arlington restaurant named … El Pollo Rico! It’s my favorite place to get a delicious bird.


And finally, I am very grateful to Dave and Hex for providing me with ample soil to help my tiny plants grow. Here they are, in all their glory. (the Pepsi can was added to show scale, so please don’t think I’m the kind of girl that sits around with soda cans laying around ... and without a coaster!! Uh-uh … not this girl!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

first of all...its about damn time you wrote a new post...your blog was getting tired...

secondly you guys went to el pollo WITHOUT ME?!?!?!?!??? bullshit. its bc you didnt want to have to drive me home isnt it? :(

dave peterson said...

it was a good bird! so succulant and tasty.

so glad to see your plants happy. EVERYBODY needs good soil to thrive in!

Miss Penny Lane said...

i am sure cole wouldn't mind if i made his robotic dog our new office mascot...

Andrea said...

You need a Tamagatchi