Friday, July 11, 2008

Pop off, son!

Hello blog-readers! (if any of you are still reading this...)

It's another crazy Friday night and here I am, writing my blog. Don't be jealous! I did go to dinner with Chris and Maria and Dave to celebrate Dave's big 5-0 (actually it's the big 3-1, but after 30 you might as well just say you're 50... you have one foot in the grave anyway) but Chris and his itchy self decided not to go out afterwards, and since he was my ride I had to go home too.
After dinner as we waited for the valet, I decided to go across the street to get Ben's Chili Bowl to go since it's a DC landmark and I've never eaten there before. Let's just say that there is a very good chance that it will remain a place that I've never eaten at before. As I waited in line, a homeless man in a wheelchair refused to move from the entrance, so no one could get in and no one could get out. As a security guard/hot dog cook tried tro get him to move, the homeless man peed in his pants. In the doorway. Did I mention that I was wearing flip flops? It was easily one of the most disgusting and sad things I have ever seen. I never knew that something could make me lose my appetite but that did it! So, Ben's Chili Bowl, you will remain a mystery to me.


The 4th of July was fun... pictures will follow. We had a family trip to the beach, including my sister and her boyfriend and their little dog too! It was B-Dogg's first 4th of July, and just to show how out of shape I am, I pulled a muscle in my arm while tossing Brendan into the air above my head. It just made him laugh so hard whenever I would raise him up over my head, so I kept doing it and doing it, and the next thing I know I pulled a muscle. But it was worth it! If you're lucky, I'll also post the pictures of me and Chris riding the tandem bicycle... we looked like we just rolled off the short bus.


Speaking of B-Dogg, he was recently baptized (I welcomed him into a life of guilt as a Catholic) and he turned one year old! His birthday party was probably more fun for the grandparents, who as retirees viewed the birthday party as a chance to get wasted :) Chris and I were sent to the grocery store to buy more beer for them, and of course Chris discovered they also sold huge mylar balloons shaped like ponies, so we checked out with the most random purchase ever: a Heineken mini-keg, a case of bottled beer, and a giant pony balloon.






This is all I have for right now. I have a big Saturday ahead of me: cleaning (my roommate Belle sheds like crazy and needs to have her litter box cleaned), doing laundry, and sitting on Dave's deck in the sunshine, so I have to get to bed. I promise not to wait a whole month before writing again, and as soon as I have 4th o' July pictures I will post them!
Gnight y'all!

3 comments:

LOU said...

I heard that the food at Ben's Chili Bowl is not good at all...

dave peterson said...

i dont like bens chili bowel either, but I do like pony balloons. Nice to see you actually blogging again. Welcome back to the fold.

dave peterson said...

if you cant play somehting, it doesnt mean its crappy. thank you