Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Zoooooomba


Last night’s Zumba class was a killer! I could tell right away that I drank and smoked way too much over the weekend. If you aren’t familiar with Zumba, it’s a Latin-inspired cardio dance class. We do cardio versions of the samba, merengue, cumbia and salsa. You can burn about 600 calories in an average class, but our Monday night class is anything but average! I’m 99% sure our instructor used to be a German prison guard. Just when I think I’m about to pass out, she’ll yell something like “Give me more!” or “Work harder!” I mean, how is that even possible?
Instead of our normal cooldown exercises (slow step-touching, stretching) our instructor had each of us grab a mat so we could lie down to do a horizontal cooldown. I should note that, as a strict germaphobe, I don’t use the mats at the gym because I’d prefer not to contract an antibiotic-resistant staph infection. So my cooldown was spent doing everything I could not to touch the mat. I was trying so hard not to touch the mat or the surrounding floor that I’m pretty sure I achieved the ability to levitate.
Needless to say I was more exhausted AFTER the cooldown than I was prior to it. That might explain why I started seeing spots as I was driving home after class. I was trying to determine if this was a warning sign that I was about to faint at the wheel, but since the gym is only a mile from my house I decided to roll down the window and press my luck. I made it home, but it was touch and go.

I’d like to give a shout out to all of my traveling co-workers that are back in the office today after being on the road at tradeshows since the late 90’s. Oh … they’ve only been away a couple weeks? Well, welcome home anyway! It’s nice to have other people around to take the focus off of me and the mistakes I’m making! You’ve been missed!


3 comments:

Miss Penny Lane said...

Ah, you're hilarious. All we need now is our World Series of Pop Culture awards...

xoxo,

Your travelling co-worker who is very glad to be back. OH MON DIEU!!!

truk said...

i am happy to have my girl home too!!

I hope those people are not your instructors, tacky, tacky, tacky!!!

LOU said...

Lisa? Is that you? I mean really she has the tan down!