Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday, Monday.

Since I'm new at this blogging biz-nas, I (like a dork) wrote down a list of the things that I wanted to write about today.

Random note #1 ... We went on a kegbus for Tracy's birthday this weekend, and on the way to dinner beforehand, Chris, Brent and I saw a man cross the street riding a unicycle. Yes, a unicycle. Who rides a unicycle besides clowns?? Well I was not aware that there was a clown college near the East Falls Church metro, but apparently there is.


RN #2 ... We ate dinner at a place called Elevation Burger. This restaurant is located WELL outside my Clarendon/Ballston/Rosslyn comfort zone in Falls Church, and it totally showed. We arrived to find the parking lot chock full of minivans and Volvos, each containing at least two Eddie Bauer carseats. This should have tipped me off that I was about to enter Yuppie heaven and I should have immediately run the other way. But we entered the restaurant anyway, and let me tell you ... it was like Ann Taylor herself threw up all over every person eating in this place. It was obnoxious. And the thing about yuppie couples is that they feel the need to spread their yuppie seeds by birthing as many children as they can afford to put in Montessori school. The place was crawling with little yuppie children, fresh out of the Mommy-and-Me class at the local gym. The mothers and fathers all socialized ("My Volvo is Baltic Black. What color is your Volvo, Andrew?") while the children occupied every seat in the place, leaving me, Brent and Chris to sit together at a table half-occupied by a 10-foot neon Elevation Burger window sign. Luckily, my veggie burger was delish, as were the french fries and unbaked cookies, so I'll probably go back there tonight.

RN #3 ... The kegbus was amazing! It came with a driver and a hostess. Our hostess was the lovely Kathleen, who remembered that I was from the 314/STL and would therefore drink no beer other than Bud Light. And our driver was also a firefighter/EMT, which came in QUITE handy when Tyler hit his forehead on the bus and we had to decide if he needed stitches (the driver said he didn't need them, so we didn't have to drive the kegbus to the ER). Chris tried to help Tyler by bringing him a cleansing towelette for his wound, but he accidentally brought him a beesting towelette instead so that didn't really help the gash.

RN #4 ... Sunday I watched the Daytona 500, which I find is the perfect thing to do every President's Day weekend when I'm hungover from celebrating Tracy's birthday. 200,000 people attended this year's race, which lead me to believe that I, too, should attend a NASCAR event. Ellen and I will have to decide if we want to go to Dover or to Richmond, and I'll need to get some gear so I blend in. I'm thinking about a Jeff Gordon t-shirt, a camo-colored hunting cap, stonewashed jeans and white hightop sneakers. If anyone else has any ideas to help me blend in with the NASCAR crowd, please share them with me.

OK, back to work. Tonight is Zumba with the really hard instructor! God help me.

3 comments:

mandy said...

You are HI-liarious! I could totally hear you in my head saying that stuff out loud!! Whoa that was an odd sentence...
Miss ya

Andrea said...

Hi Kim who I've never met this is Lori's sister Andrea! To blend in with NASCAR you will also need a spiral perm that is 1-2 inches grown out and a scrunchie. You could probably find a camo one.

Keep writing, I think you're very funny

Unknown said...

Where is your tuesday blog? come on i need something to do at work...

bring on the blog.....yeeeeahhh!

merrrryyy chrissstmassssss.