Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hiatus hiatus.

I have been scolded by several people over the fact that I no longer blog. The end of 2008 was impossible for blogging, and January 2009 wasn’t much better as I committed myself to finding a new job, which turned out to be a full-time job in-and-of itself. But now that I have procured said new job, and am scaling back on my volunteer commitments, I thought it would be a good time to blog again. Is it okay that my blog is about being thirty, flirty and fun, and I am now 31, flirty, and fun? Age is just a number, except when you make it the title of your blog.

Anyway, I am really excited about starting my new job next week, even though it means that moments like these - when everyone is at the warehouse and I can leisurely write my blog at my desk - will be long gone.

I’m nervous about being the new kid. For 6 years I have been the go-to person for all things related to Be As You Are. I’ve been the expert. I’m familiar with every policy, every scenario, and now I don’t even know where the bathroom is, or where the fridge is located. Will it be okay to bring Starbucks to office? Since they are an environmental organization... what if I make some major environmental faux pas like bringing in a Styrofoam container or forgetting to recycle something?

I’m nervous, but excited about what is in store for me. I feel capable of great things and I want to feel good about the result of my hard work.

But I’ll miss these moments. I’ll miss my friends. I’ll miss my security blanket.

3 comments:

LOU said...

I'm so glad you're back. The world wide web has missed you so! Hope the first week as the new kid on the job is going well.

Kat said...

Hear Hear!! Now that I can't pop into your office to check on what's up in your life, I need to be able to check into your blog to get the downlow:)

Unknown said...

Glad you're back Kim! You probably didn't know that I'm a follower of your blog, too. :) Hope your new job is going well - change is good!