Saturday, November 15, 2008

We're off to see the wizard...

I am watching The Wizard of Oz. It's on TBS tonight, along with Shrek and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I'm not sure why they are playing all of these awesome movies right in a row, but I'm happy they are. I took a nap this afternoon and decided to clean my apartment tonight, and I always have the TV on in the background when I'm cleaning. But I love these movies so much that I keep taking extended breaks from my cleaning.

In the 6th grade, we put on a production of The Wizard of Oz. I tried out for the role of the cowardly lion, but instead was cast as the twister. Yes, I was the twister. I was the tallest 6th grader, so I was selected to hold the giant canvas structure that someone's dad painted to look like a tornado and swirl it around the stage. It's an integral part of the plot, yes... but not very glamorous.

Back to cleaning. Have a pleasant weekend all.


No comments: