Saturday, August 9, 2008

I love commotion.

So yesterday I was on my way to feed the dog that I'm watching, and the house is across the street from Rock Creek Park. I guess we had a quick, strong storm come through yesterday afternoon, and when I got to the house I saw that a large tree branch had fallen on top of a BMW parked along Rock Creek Park. Upon further inspection, I saw that part of the branch was actually driven straight through the windshield. Well, most normal people would just see the car and think "That sucks." and then move on with their lives, but for some reason I was so mesmerized by the incident that I wanted to see the owner's reaction when they got to the car, or at the very least share the awe of the misfortune with some random passerby.

I lingered near the car, glancing at it and then looking up at the tree the branch had come from, shaking my head and quietly mumbling "Wow." when people walked by. But not one person even glanced at the car. It was like these jaded people had seen cars all over town with tree branches sprawled across the hood. It was a real letdown. Jerks.

2 comments:

dave peterson said...

I cant understand the photo

Anyway -- happy to see you blogging again. I'm tired of visiting with nothing new to read!

Miss Penny Lane said...

that was me and my car once upon a time. we were coming home from somewhere and as we drove down our street noticed that a tree had been cut from the road so the road was passable, but most of the tree was still on someone's car. that someone was me. poor roxanne--she was crushed! living acorss from rock creek park has its hazards...