Sunday, August 10, 2008

Gotta love Georgetown on a Friday night.

I've always been one for keeping up with the lingo the kids are using these days, and on Friday night I learned a new phrase. On Friday night I was driving home from feeding assorted cats and dogs all over DC, and I was about to cross the bridge from Georgetown to Arlington when I saw two vehicles stopped at a light across from me. They seemed to be minding their own business, but the two girls walking across the street saw the vehicles and yelled a very interesting phrase... "Yo, hit them switches!"

Now I've always been very good at deciphering languages, but this phrase didn't seem to make any sense to me until... the vehicles began to raise up and down. Apparently they were equipped with some kind of hydraulic device that rendered them able to lift various parts of the vehicle into the air. "Yo, hit them switches" must be another way of saying "Excuse me, gentlemen. Would you please activate the component that lifts and lowers the vehicle?" I will be adding that to my vernacular!

2 comments:

Kat said...

hydrolics Kim. Say it with me, hi-draw-lics. I just had some installed on my truck last week. Now all I need is to add the purple underglo;)

LOU said...

Kim you really are becoming more urban by the day since Erin is not in the office!!